[Biblemat] S) HOLINESS
J5827Sasser at wmconnect.com
Fri Sep 9 02:32:31 CDT 2005
Brethren and Friends, Jim Sasser here. Here is another study
from my ancient files. Use to the glory of God.
1. Christians Are A Holy Priesthood: -- 1 Pet. 2:5, "Ye also, as
lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, a holy priest-
hood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by
2. Christians Are A Holy Nation: -- 1 Pet. 2:9, "But ye are a
chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a pe-
culiar people, that ye should show forth the praises of Him
who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous
3. God Required Israel To Be Holy: -- Lev. 11:45, "For I am the
Lord that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be
your God; ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy."
4. We Are To Worship God In Holiness: -- 1 Chron. 16:29,
"Give unto the Lord the glory due unto His name; bring an
offering, and come before Him; worship the Lord in the
beauty of holiness."
5. We Should Increase In Holiness: -- 2 Cor. 7:1, "Having
therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse
ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfect-
ing holiness in the fear of God."
6. Holiness Is In Christ: -- Eph. 4:24, "And that ye put on the
new man, which after God is created in righteous and true
7. No Man Can See The Lord Without Holiness: -- Heb. 12:14,
"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no
man shall see the Lord." 1 Pet. 1:15,16, "But as He which
hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of con-
versation; because it is written, Be ye holy, for I am holy."
8. We Are To Cultivate Holiness In View Of The End Of Time: -
2 Pet. 3:11, "Seeing then that all these things shall be dis-
solved, wht manner of persons ought we to be in all holy
conversation and godliness."
9. It Is Christ's Purpose That We Be Holy: -- Col. 1:22, "In the
body of His flesh, through death, to present you holy and
unblameable and unreprovable in His sight."
10. The Fruit Of Holiness: -- Rom. 6:22, "But now being made
free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your
fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life."
11. We Are Called Unto Holiness: -- 1 Thes. 4:7, "For God
hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness."
12. The Holy Ones Shall Dwell In The Holy Hill: -- Psa. 15:1-5,
"Lord, who may abide in Your tabernacle? Who may
dwell in Your holy hill? He who walks uprightly, And
works righteousness, And speaks the truth in his heart;
He who does not backbite with his tongue, Nor does evil
to his neighbor, Nor does he take up a reproach against
his friend; In whose eyes a vile person is despised, But
he honors those who fear the Lord; He who swears to his
own hurt and does not change; He who does not put out
his money to usury, No does he take a bribe against the
innocent. He who does these things shall never be
Conclusion: Take time to be holy, speak oft with thy Lord;
Abide in Him always, And feed on His word.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Biblemat